I started using an internal git repository here at work, then today I want to create a remote branch, then I find out this tips:
Creating a Remote Branch
1. Create the remote branch
git push origin origin:refs/heads/branch_name
2. Make sure everything is up-to-date
git fetch origin
3. Then you can see that the branch is created.
git branch -r
This should show ‘origin/new_feature_name’
4. Start tracking the new branch
git checkout --track -b new_feature_name origin/new_feature_name
This means that when you do pulls that it will get the latest from that branch as well.
5. Make sure everything is up-to-date
6. If you want to remove a remote branch then run:
git push origin :branch_name