Creating patches using git is very easy and fast.
I will summarize the steps I followed to create my patches to U-Boot:
* First all create a new branch (see below how to do that);
* Change to created branch;
* Make your modification to files;
* For each logical change (a logical change can involve more than one file modification) make a commit;
* Finally create patches between the “master” and your branch.
To visualize branches: git branch To create a new branch: git branch testbranch To change to created branch: git checkout testbranch Track new files: git add cpu/arm1136/mx31/nand_copy.S To make a commit: git commit -a To submit a branch to repository: git push origin testbranch To delete a branch (you need be in other branch to do that): git branch -D testbranch To remove a remote branch: git branch -d -r origin/testbranch To remove the last commit: git reset --hard HEAD^ Create patches between two branches: git format-patch master..testbranch